Thursday, January 15, 2009

So I figured out the problem...

I just wanna start by saying that I believe God has blessed me with an incredible church here in Bowling Green. Hillvue has challenged me in ways I've never been pushed in my faith before, allowed me to look at situations differently than I ever have before, and in this time where I'm trying to find stuff out, they just seem to bring awesome stuff into my life.

So I was trying to figure out some stuff with my life, thus my last post. But then I looked even closer at my life. I work at an awesome radio station in CFR. Great people, and I have fun with what I do. I have a lot of friends here, a great church. For the most part, I'm very satisfied with my life...

So what's the problem? To find the answer, I had to listen to some of the things I have said in the past. And here was the answer... "Truth is, if I was making enough money, I'd be doing awesome..."

And then I heard that game show announcer voice in my head, you know, the one everyone has in their head,

"CONGRATULATIONS JOE... YOU JUST FOUND YOUR NEW GOD!"

Crap.

The fact of the matter is I wouldn't even be worried about where my life is headed if the money was good, and once I came to that fact, I feel all mopey.

So bible study rolled around last Sunday, and we're going through a series about men of faith in Genesis, and we talked about Abraham.

Long story short, God promised Abraham the land of Canaan, and that he would be the father of a great nation. But certain things popped up (a famine in Canaan, the fact he had no son...) that caused ol Abe to take things into his own hands. Each time he did, things got real screwed up.

So what's that got to do with me? Simple. So many times, I try to take things into my own hands. Things I can't control. I try to "help out" God. And when I do this, I tend to screw it up.

It's time to stop getting impatient and trying to "help God out."

1 comment:

  1. Dude, it's hard to have patience with a God that we aren't nearly intelligent enough to 'read'. I'll pray for you to have patience and for God to show you His greatness. They' you go.

    ReplyDelete