Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So What's the Big Deal?

Wow, great Christmas time. I think I finally got over the craziness that comes with the season and enjoyed the time with my family, my friends, my God. It was great, though uneventful......

I'm noticing a trend with my friends this time of year....apparently none of them have been single during the holidays....now they crave a relationship more than ever. Not a bad thing, relationships are awesome (from what little I know about them), but I don't think I've experienced a time like this in my life. All of my friends fall into 2 categories, Married or Engaged, and Horribly Single. Now I say horribly single not meaning single is horrible, but single to a point where you wonder when/who they will date. I've been like this for quite some time now, so I'm used to it. You're looking at a pro of the single holiday. And I get it from my ENTIRE hometown when I come in. I think Booneville will have a revival when Joe Brunk brings a girlfriend home....

I am not holier than thou. I am nothing special. I would LOVE to be in a relationship. But I'm not worried about finding a date for New Years. The thought didn't cross my mind till a friend of mine mentioned it Sunday. For years I've spent the Christmas season secretly wallowing in my loneliness, but this year I finally spent that time to realize all the things I do have...

-Awesome, supportive family...that is for some reason proud of me....
-Friends who have my back in all seasons...
-A great job that doesn't feel like a job with awesome people (I'm lookin' at you, CFR)....
-A full time job that offers more than I need or deserve (Here's lookin' at you , Fruit)....
-A fantastic church that challenges me and helps me grow.
-And I'm most thankful for a relationship that started Christmas night 17 years ago, that's had its ups and downs (all on my part) and now is stronger than ever (all on His part)...

So to all my single ladies (and men), you WILL make it through. It may suck, it may be boring, but you live to fight another day.

And I can't wait to introduce my family to that awesome, godly chick who will be my wife, it will be fantastic...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I mean, did you read my blog post and did yours off of mine? haha Even if you didn't, which I definitely don't think you did, that's a great encouragement of what I need to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got your back. But only in the spring and summer. Maybe through October, but that's pushing it. So pencil me in for having your back during those two seasons.

    Also, we should probably hang out in the next few days while I'm in town and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been over a month again...

    ReplyDelete