Thursday, March 19, 2009

So the Day has Come...

11:45 - TOPS WIN!!! TOPS WIN!!!! Thought they were gonna lose it there for a bit, but they hold on to play Gonzaga Saturday. So that's cool. So I miss 5 on the first day, my worst start ever, but maybe I'll bounce back tomorrow. Me and Obama are tied. I just want to beat him, so that when me and Petey Pab make a run for the White House in 2020, I can put this on my credentials. Upsets I have for tomorrow...
#10 USC over #7 Boston College in the Midwest (not much of an upset, I know)
#12 Arizona over #5 Utah in the Midwest
#13 Portland State over #4 Xavier in the East
#11 Temple over #6 Arizona State (Christmas in March!!!)

So all in all, an awesome day, and I get to do it all over again tomorrow!!! Well at least till 3:00, then I gotta go to Owensboro for some conference for the station... I deem this live blog a fantastic success! G'Night!

8:31 - And there is officially miss #4, with Clemson going down swinging, oh Texas won too, that makes 5....wow, worst start ever.

8:11 - So I overthought this bracket. Last night, I said, "I don't like picking Michigan over Clemson, even if my gut is telling me to do so." So when I got up this morning, I switched the pick to Clemson. Now they trail by 6 with 3 to go. Now they can still win, and I hope they do, or I'm on my way to miss #5, cuz Minnesota is gettin housed by Texas.

7:23 - Direct quote from me on the air... "I love it, it's fantastic. Even though my bracket is falling to shambles around me, I still love it, and I hope you do too. But I hope you love the Evening Cafe, cuz that's what you're listening to right now on Christian Family Radio." ...wow, that's inspired.

7:14 - DJing at CFR...itchin' for some more games to watch...sigh...ESPN scoreboard will have to do for now...

5:59 - Washington beats Miss St. That makes 3 misses out of 8 games. Crap. Worst start ever, and I got some question marks tonight too...

4:51 - 38-27 Washington leads at the half. Am I gonna miss 3 out of the opening 8? Would be the worst start for me, ever. Usually it takes the second day for me to fall apart.

4:24 - Vanardo is on the bench with 2 fouls with 10 minutes left in the 1st half. Not good for Miss. St.

4:12 - Aw man, a break in the action...winners so far...
UConn, Texas A&M, Perdue, Maryland, and Memphis in the West.
North Carolina and LSU in the South.

Minnesota/Texas should be a nice one, also VCU/UCLA, and of course...
WKU/ILLINOIS!! Gonna be awesome...

Also, why isn't Miss. St./Washington televised?

4:06 - Vazquez for Maryland is an ugly dude, but he's scored like 27 points in a win over Cal.

And now for ridicule... Eric Kuselias from ESPN was talking yesterday. Here's what he said...
"Everybody's picking Maryland to beat Cal...FOOL'S GOLD. Cal is a good team...wait, a great team. Take Cal, and thank me in the morning."

Thanks EK. Thank you for my second miss on the day. Actually both of my misses today have come from me changing my mind after listening to people on the radio. Just go with the gut man, just go with the gut.

4:01 - UNC wins over Radford 101-58, big shocker...

3:54 - Hey Cal, you're shooting 6/24 from the 3 point line, so what do you do now? Throw up a terribly forced 3 way behind the line and off balance with 5 minutes left. Great.

3:48 - I got a feeling that I'm gonna get to make fun of an ESPN talent in about 7:20 of game time.

3:37 - There, Mocs make some free throws for first points in 2nd half, almost 5 minutes in...

3:32 - Have the Mocs scored in the second half?

3:31 - Perdue holds on for a win...although they didn't look pretty, they could win another one before this tourney's done...

3:27 - Maybe not...

3:26 - Huge charge taken for Perdue, may have locked in the win for the Boilermakers.

3:02 - Don't look now, Northern Iowa's coming back...

3:00 - On a separate note, they cut Alexis Grace on Idol last night? That sucks. She was good, and Sarver was terrible in a genre he was supposed to shine in. Sarver shouldn't have made the top 13, let alone the top 10. Now he hits the road on the Idols tour, and Alexis stays home. Oh yeah, and Anoop is still around, he sucks too. Idol rant, out.

2:52 - Great set of games to start the day, but this second set doesn't have a whole lot...guess that's what happens when 2 #1 seeds play at the same time...

2:44 - 33-17 UConn, yeah, wheels officially off for UTC.

2:39 - Anybody want to score in the Maryland/Cal game? Anybody?

2:35 - Price and the Huskies draining 3 threes in a row to get a 13 point lead...we may have just seen the wheels come off for UTC...

2:26 - Yay for CBSsports.com...now I can watch any game my TV don't get on my computer...

2:23 - Now UConn/Chattanooga only game on...wish I could watch that Maryland/Cal game...

2:21 - Mocs playing tough, but I think UConn gets things going after this timeout, and start to leave em. Hopefully I'm wrong...

2:07 - MOCS SCORE FIRST!! Getting the steal and everything...wait...and they draw a foul on Thabeet. They're gonna have to get him out of the game.

2:05 - UConn/Chattanooga is the second game of this time period...Calhoun will not coach the Huskies today (health issues). Mocs making second trip ever to the dance. They last time, they lost to Wake Forest in the first round.

2:02 - Brotha betta be gettin' a second game, instead of both stations showing the Purdue/NIU matchup...

2:00 - Bowling Green Purples lose to Lexington Catholic 70-62 in OT, bummer...

1:57 - Reversed order of Blog entries...easier to read, easier to write... no scrolling...

1:47 - Trying to find out if Bowling Green pulled off the upset in the Sweet 16 today, they were up 5 with 3 to go, no website update on KHSAA's website...

1:44 - Dang, Purdue is clicking...good thing I picked them...and that WKU didn't draw them.

1:36 - So I'm looking on ESPN.com...at least 3 million brackets filled out on that website alone...dang...
Games in the next set...
#5 Purdue and #12 Northern Iowa (now)
#1 North Carolina and #16 Radford (1:50)
#7 Cal and #10 Maryland (1:55)
#1 UConn and #16 Chattanooga (2:00)

UNC is without Ty Lawson, he can probably sit out the whole first weekend and be ok...
I struggled with Maryland vs. Cal, but eventually went with Cal...
And I'm pulling for the Mocs, but they are a 16 seed for a reason...

1:33 - Texas A&M wins the third...and my first official miss...now to find Drew's markers...

1:31 - Memphis wins the second...millions of brackets breathe a sigh of relief....

1:28 - But he hits the second...LSU officially wins the first game of the tourney. So at least one SEC team will go through.

1:28 - LSU would miss a free throw...

1:27 - Butler sure ain't giving up...but it looks like LSU's got it. And Memphis isn't too far behind.

1:20 - I keep on forgetting what channel I'm on, so I accidentally switch over to People's Court or Barney and Friends...what an interesting dynamic at this time of day...

1:18 - Looks like I'm gonna miss my first game, with BYU trailing 15 with 4:30 to go, but I'm ahead of Obama, cuz it looks like he'll miss 2. Memphis and LSU look to gain control...

12:57 - The only Sonic commercials that are funny are the ones with the original dudes...oh yeah and CS North Ridge up 1.

12:54 - Found different wireless network, hopefully this one works out...

12:45 - Stupid internet problems...

12:41 - Just realized I've got 2 CBS stations together, easy switching between the two. Yay.

12:39 - Anybody else see those Taco Bell commercials of the dude smuggling nachos to the game? Anybody else think he just stole the display for the nachos? Anybody wondering why Taco Bell would have a display of nachos? Or why anybody would steal them? Anybody?

12:37 - Hey LSU, way to give up a 13 point lead, go SEC.

12:28 - Finally, I get home. Turns out I had training for pledge drive with the station next week, so I had to go to that, we didn't get out till 12, then I grabbed some dollar lunch, and high-tailed it home for the second half of the first games. Here's what's currently going...
#8 LSU 35, #9 Butler 29 (This is the game I'm watching)
#2 Memphis 34, #15 Cal St. North Ridge 31
#9 Texas A&M 42, BYU 30

So I'm in danger of missing my first game, with BYU losing. A couple of quick notes...

-All my times are central, cuz that's where I live

-When I refer to my bracket, I am referring to my main bracket on ESPN.com, it's called my "Bracket of Integrity" as I have like 10 brackets out there.

And I really hope Memphis loses, it would destroy my bracket, cuz I have them in the final four, but I love the upsets, especially to Memphis, who never plays anybody. Here we go!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Reverse the order so I don't have to scrollllllllllllll. Keep 'em coming!

    And since I don't know if I'll have internet in a bit, Go Tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good for me... Texas A&M is playing good, but LSU and Memphis need to win to keep my bracket good... although I wouldn't mind Memphis losing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude use, March Madness On Demand from ESPN.com I'm watching maryland vs Cal right now on it. Quality sucks but hey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to take this opportity to point out that I'm not only beating you in Andy's pool, but I'm apparently beating your REAL bracket as well. Ha!

    I'll teach you to best me in an Oscar Pick'em!

    ReplyDelete